The Erica Black Varishape VCO design inspiration came from the Polivoks VCO. We were so excited about new ideas that came from the engineering process, that we ended up with something much more advanced. It has solid tracking over 9 octaves, internal mixer to mix direct and inverted waveforms giving you a broad range of waveforms. If PWM signal is applied, you get an advanced waveshaper. Also, our pride and joy, a transistor based suboscillator to fatten the sound!
Varishape VCO comes in two versions: VCO1 is with XMOD function, which is intended for audio rate frequency modulation and VCO2 – with detune +-2 semitones.
- Triangle, Saw, Pulse and invert Triangle, Saw, Pulse waveforms
- Built in waveform mixer
- CV controlled waveshaper (via PWM controll)
- Transistor based suboscillator
- PWM adjustment via potentiometer and external CV
- 7-octave range switch
- Great ttracking along 9 octaves
- Inputs/outputs are protected against over-voltage
- Diode protection on reversed power supply
Erica Black series are high-end modules with unique functionality. Only the highest quality components are used and all inputs and outputs are protected against undesired overvoltage. When designing the Black Series, we did not economise on the module width, we put design and usability first. Big knobs are assigned to functions that make difference in sound. The Erica Black series are a range of modules that together make an entire synthesizer.
50 mA +12V
45 mA -12V
0 mA 5V
30 mm Depth