In the front of every ski there is a curve similar to a decay envelope. Skis module has two channels A and B and each of them consists of a decay envelope with knob control and a VCA. There is a TRIGGER input to trigger the envelope, a buffered envelope output which is normalised to the CV input of the VCA. Than there is SIGNAL IN and OUT of the VCA.
There is also a CRUNCH switch which activates a special mosfet lo-fi VCA circuit inspired by designs of Standa Filip. This adds a slight crunchy character which changes with the decay of the envelope.
A typical application of Skis is to take two signals (noises for example) and generate drum sounds with adjustable DECAY from them with a TRIGGER signal. However, you can also use the two VCAs and two DECAY envelopes independently.
- Dual decay envelope with adjustable decay time (trigger input, CV output)
- Dual vca (signal IN, signal OUT, CV IN is normalized to CV output of decay envelope)
- Crunch feature inspired by circuits of Standa Filip
- Jumpers for changing the decay envelope to release envelope (vca is on full while there is a gate signal and than it decays)
- Jumpers for enabling the decay knob to completely mute the decay envelope
- Jumpers for selecting weird filtering of the output signal (also inspired by Standa Filip)
- Front panel from oak wood, handmade custom knobs
- Handmade in Brno, Czech republic
35mm deep (skiff friendly)
PTC fuse and diode protected 10 pin power connector