The FURTHRRRR GENERATOR is a dual oscillator module with advanced waveshaping and modulation capabilities. It consists of two oscillators (Modulator and Carrier) with the modulation bus (Mood Index) connecting them.
The main inspiration of the FURTHRRRR GENERATOR routing came from Buchla’s Programmable Complex Waveform Generator Model 259, however the FURTHRRRR GENERATOR isn’t a clone of it. All circuit parts were carefully developed from scratch, using reliable modern components. Also the module does not put any vactrols to work (which allows audio frequency modulation over every parameter).
- 30 HP width, up to 1″ in depth (super slim and therefore skiff friendly)
- All analog signal path inspired by and based on famous west coast synthesis — a module within the idea of harmonic generation based on additive synthesis theory
- 2 discrete OTA triangle-core VCOs both with hard- (resetable) and soft- (inverting) syncs. The cores are self made custom encapsulated circuits with decent results of tracking (up to 6 octaves) as well as fine temperature stability
- Selectable tracking (1 or 1.2 v/oct) by setting a jumper (we believe at last a few wigglers will appreciate that)
- Bolted potentiometers, wobble free for heavy duty
- Multi-turn frequency knobs sweep up to 10 octaves
- Oscillator tuners that simply always work
- Of course, RoHS and cat friendly
The harmonical section of the carrier oscillator involves a complex chain of waveshapers, crossfaders, wavefolder as well as the “Mood Index” with amplitude-, balanced-, frequency- and timbre-modulation.
Every parameter is voltage controlled, interacts with and depends on each others position.
The whole scheme is a bit complex for immediate understanding. We consider the better way to understand it, is to start with forgetting about the waveforms – just explore it.
200 mA +12V
200 mA -12V
0 mA 5V
18 mm Depth
Also available Strong zero VCO core for Furthrrrr Generator – instant thru-zero linear fm in your Furthrrrr Generator